New Lounger
    Thanks
    In Services I found that Windows Installer and some other services were pointing to another hard drive partition insteat of C:.

I changed some to point to C: in the registry but am still getting error 1601 when trying to update Adobe Reader 9.3.4.

This same problem occurred last spring and I was able to solve it by changing the image path of a
    number of registry entrie to C: but I have forgotton all of the ones I changed.

I believe there are other registry entries now that are pointing to another hard drive partition instead of C: but I don't know
    all of the ones that are used by Windows Installer.

Is there a list of services and registry entries that are used by Windows Installer in Windows 7 Ultimate?

Thanks for your help.

Don

Thanks
    Do you have other drives, or do you have your drive partitioned (which shows up as other drives)?

Have you by chance been using a "registry cleaner"?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks very much, bbearren, for your reply.

I have 3 drives, all with Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. One of the drives is a SCSI and the other 2 are PATA. I have only the primary
    drive connected as master.

My primary drive is an old one and after I loaded Win 7 on it, I then did an Acronis backup and then did an Acronis restore to a partition on each of the other 2 drives.

I have 3 boot options at startup and can boot into Windows 7 on each of the drives. I wanted to make sure that when my old drive failed I could quickly boot into one of the other 2.

Apparently, this setup is causing some confusing for Windows 7 since I discovered last spring that it had Windows Installer in Services and some
    other registry entries pointing to partition L: on one of the PATA drives rather than C: on my primary old PATA drive. Changing some of the entries in
    the registry to C: resulted in Windows Installer working but now it is not. I have just discovered that Windows Installer in Services was again pointing to L: instead of C: and have changed it and some others back to C: as I did last spring but I don't remember all of the ones I changed last spring that corrected the problem.

So, that's why I would like to know what Services/registry entries are necessary for Windows Installer to work so I can change any that are pointing to L: back to C: as before..

No, I haven't used a registry cleaner.

Thanks again for your reply.

Don