3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I would be grateful if someone could help me.

I have been using the Windows XP PowerToys Wallpaper changer for some time and it's great. It is in my Startup folder and it goes straight to the SysTray once Windows starts. In the last few days, however, the Options screen stays in the middle of my Desktop and I always have to click on 'OK' for it to close and move down to the SysTray.

Microsoft do not provide any technical documentation, or support for this product and my search for a solution has only turned up other people with the same problem.

Whilst it is not an 'earth shattering' issue, it is a nuisance that I would love to resolve with someone's kind assistance.

Thank you.

Thanks
    You could try reinstalling the Power Toy application if there isn't a specific option in it's settings for the app to go straight to the tray.
    it's also possible that something has altered it's properties and a full uninstall and reinstall may fix it.

Windows XP Creativity Fun Pack PowerToys Wallpaper Changer
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by useful View Post
    I would be grateful if someone could help me.

I have been using the Windows XP PowerToys Wallpaper changer for some time and it's great. It is in my Startup folder and it goes straight to the SysTray once Windows starts. In the last few days, however, the Options screen stays in the middle of my Desktop and I always have to click on 'OK' for it to close and move down to the SysTray.

Microsoft do not provide any technical documentation, or support for this product and my search for a solution has only turned up other people with the same problem.

Whilst it is not an 'earth shattering' issue, it is a nuisance that I would love to resolve with someone's kind assistance.

Thank you.
    Try this http://deskslide.en.softonic.com/
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for the suggestion Clint.

I first uninstalled and reinstalled the Wallpaper Changer, with no luck. I then noticed that the uninstall did not remove the Registry entries, so after the next uninstall, I removed the Registry entries manually, did a restart and re-installed the Wallpaper Changer. Still no luck.

I then uninstalled it again, cleaned up the Registry, downloaded the full PowerToy application this time and installed it, but still no luck with the Wallpaper Changer. It just refused to go straight to the Systray, as it always used to.

Thank you for your suggestion too Roderunner. I will download and try SlideDesk and report back.

Regards

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Roderunner.

I downloaded, installed and configured DeskSlide and it works perfectly!

Regards

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by useful View Post
    Thank you Roderunner.

I downloaded, installed and configured DeskSlide and it works perfectly!

Regards
    Glad you found it useful, it took 3 trys to get it how I wanted.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!