New Lounger
    Thanks

memturbo&netturbo

I have win98se and Office premium 2000 sr1
    I recently downloaded memturbo & net Turbo as a package from zdnet. I have just received the disks in the mail but for some reason I am edgy about installing them, it claims to speed up the internet sessions & keep memory from downgrading as you open more files. Net turbo fools around in the registry with internet settings, mine is tcp/ip. does anyone know more about this program or have any experience with it? It tells me if I don't like it I can get my tcp/ip settings back by restoring the registry. I'm wondering if there is a danger of making havoc with internet explorer or outlook express.

jstackpo

Re: memturbo&netturbo

My experience is qualified - I have both running and have seen no harm come of my Win98, OE, dial up modem system. But I can't tell if they made any improvement, either. I was able to use memturbo as a sort of diagnostic tool to see what was going wrong with McAfee Vshield. Other than that, I dunno.

Can anybody suggest a test method?

JDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

istackpo, Thanks for the reply. I am still not sure if i should install memturbo from what you said about not being able to tell if it made any difference. Have you or anyone you know had any experience with netturbo? This is the one I am having doubts about.

Thanks Gerri

jstackpo

Well, with MemTurbo it is fun to watch the little bar graph dance around (Gotta get out more...)

I have NetTurbo installed also with no ill efects. But with a dial up modem and a slow line the incremental value may be small - I have no way of telling or testing for sure. I am keeping it around for that glory day when I get a T1 line all my own (yeah, right...)

Does anybody know of a test for the value of these codes?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Istackpo, Thanks I guess i overlooked that you had both memturbo & netturbo. I think I'll wait a bit before I Install to see if anyone else might know more about it than we do.

Thanks a bunch
    gerri