Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    My OS is Win 7 Professional 32 bit. Using the workaround referred to in various forums I was able to continue using Windows Mail, in preference to Windows Live Mail, until it stopped working following one of Microsoft's patch Tuesdays. I was able to get it working again by copying and pasting Windows Mail program files from a Vista machine that had been patched and using those instead of the previous versions. Following this week's patch Tuesday Windows Mail has stopped working again, and I assume I need to follow the same procedure as before, but I no longer have access to a Vista machine. If someone could please send me a copy of the Windows Mail program files from a Vista machine that has been updated with this week's patches I would be very grateful.

My email address is royw@maltanet.net (I am using Windows Live Mail, hopefully for a short time only).

Thanks and regards,
    Roy Whitethread
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Windows Mail in W7 any version is not supported. I suggest you stay with W L Mail, I think is the best. If you need further help, don't be afraid to ask.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Doing all that patching makes your email client vulnerable in case you didn't know. MS is patching holes and be best to move on. Thunderbird from Mozilla is also an alternative.
    Had a hard time convincing my Dad that Outhouse Express is no more.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Roy, what is it you don't like about Windows Live Mail?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Bill,

To be honest, now that I have been forced to use Windows Live Mail I like the current version much better than I did when I temporarily used the previous version some time ago.Now I think I just need to get used to WLM and the ribbon in particular.

In Windows Mail, I could delete everything in the Deleted items folder with one click. Is there a way to do this in WLM?

Please advise.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    In Windows Mail, I could delete everything in the Deleted items folder with one click. Is there a way to do this in WLM?
    Yes, right click on the folder and select "empty". [2 clicks]
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Clint,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,
    Roy

Roy Whitethread