Thread: IE Find Bar

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Greetings and Salutations,
    I have stumbled across a very annoying problem while troubleshooting a PC last night. Windows Vista, IE8, Toshiba Laptop. The IE find toolbar ( the one that you get with ctrl+F) is dominating text input.
    If you try to type into a form field or browser chat window. The find box is essentially stealing the show. As you click in the text box, and start typing - the cursor jumps automatically into the find bar. you can click in the text box and start typing, BAM thing bounces into the find bar again. Unfortunately I am not able to sit in front of the machine - It's in NV I'm in CO. I was remoted in. The user had stated the problem started within the last few weeks, after some patches were installed. She mentioned that IE8 got installed, so I removed it and went back to IE7. Same thing.

It almost sounds like CTRL+F is been pressed somehow, but I was just curious if anybody else had a dominating find bar problem?

Thanks
    Andrew

Thanks
    Go to start then click on Control Panel.Then click on the ,mouse icon,Click on the Pointer Options tab.Untick the section that reads;Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box.Most likely what has happen when the IE8 has been installed it set this section to a default.Mind you I can only go on what is set in windows 7 seeing that the two operating system's are similar.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Good Idea - I'll give that a go, Thanks