Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I setup two accounts, one for me and one for my wife, in Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 machine. I imported the complete Outlook.pst from from Outlook 2003 and got all my folders, contacts, calendar entries, etc. The problem is I wanted to setup profiles instead of accounts, I guess. On the Outlook 2003 when I start Outlook it gives me a choice of which profile to use and that is what I wanted on the Outlook 2010 machine. Is there a way I can keep all that was imported yet change the accounts to profiles and make the choice of which one to use when starting Outlook 2010? As it is now both my accounts and hers downloads the emails but in separate inboxes and I don't like that at all.

Thanks
    H Lewton

Thanks
    I assume that Outlook 2010 still supports separate profiles...

When you say you have separate inboxes, do you have separate data files? In that case, you probably could associate one of them with a separate file and remove it from the first profile. (And, similarly, remove one email account from the first profile and add it to the second profile.) Make a backup and give it a try.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not familiar enough with Outlook 2010 to answer your questions about separate data files. That whole aspect is confusing to me. All I know is that when I open Outlook 2010 it has my Inbox and all my folders and further on down the folder list is the other account that has my wife's name associated with it and another Inbox under that. At the top of the folder list is my email address and under it is all my folders. When my folders end then it shows my wife's email address and under that is where the other Inbox is.

I wish I new more about your suggestion and how to do what you're saying as far as data files and associating them to a profile. I have Googled everything I could trying to come up with an answer to my question and the only thing I have found is, yes I believe Outlook 2010 does support separate profiles because I can get the to place where I can tell it to ask which profile to use when starting Outlook but it doesn't offer me any option because both accounts I created are apparently in one profile. I can figure out how to create the profiles but I didn't want to lose any of my imported folders. When I created the Outlook 2010 accounts I wrongly assumed I was creating two separate profiles.

Thanks
    H Lewton

Thanks
    Profiles are managed in the Control Panel Applet Mail. Go to Control Panel:Mail Click on the show Profiles. Here you can add new Profiles and specify that Outlook prompt for Profile to be used on start up.

Jerry

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Witalka View Post
    Profiles are managed in the Control Panel Applet Mail. Go to Control Panel:Mail Click on the show Profiles. Here you can add new Profiles and specify that Outlook prompt for Profile to be used on start up.

Jerry
    Yes thank you. I did know that but I don't know what or how to associate data files with the profiles other than to compact them when needed.

I think what I am going to do is delete the second account I created and then create it all over again under a new profile. I'm now trying to see if I can change the name of the one Outlook created but I don't think that is possible. At least I haven't found a way to do it yet.
    H Lewton

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Actually I lied. I did find out how to change the name and it was rather easy - copying the old profile, naming the new one, then deleting to old one.
    H Lewton