New Lounger
    I have Anomalies with Windows 7 Sleep. Hopefully, some one has seen my problems. Hardware is Intel i5 660 CPU, 6 GB ram, Asus P7H55-M Pro Motherboard, PS2 keyboard, USB Mouse. OS is Windows 7 64 bit. Sleep is configured as follows: Control Panel->Power Options->Balanced Turn off computer 1 hour, Turn off disply 15 minutes, Turn off Hard disk Never. Devices which can wake up computer are set from Control Panel->Device Manager. Only the PS2 keyboard is allowed to "wake up" the computer. When the computer enters sleep from a time out, all fans turn off, drives power down, power led blinks. The computer pulls 5 watts. If I enter the sleep move via Start->Sleep, disk drives turn off, all fans are on (I assume the CPU is on), power led blinks. The computer pulls 51 watts. None of the logs show any thing unusual. The second problem occurs when the computer wakes up at 2AM to back up data on two other computers. The computer wakes up, does the backups and goes back to sleep. When I go to wake up the computer, the keyboard does not work. Checking Control Panel->Device Manager, there is no PS2 keyboard enumerated. I have to restart the computer to get the keyboard back. Any ideas ?

Cape Town, South Africa
    I had a similar problem with my previous desktop: USB keyboard not "recognised" after waking up from sleep. I found a switch in the BIOS to enable USB keyboard recognition after sleep and all was well. Perhaps this applies in your case. (I no-longer have that desktop, so I can't indicate exactly what the BIOS option was or how it was worded).
    (My Setup: 3,70GHz Intel Core i7-4820K CPU; MSI Military Class iii X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard; Win 10 Pro (64 bit) - (UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; GeForceGTX 980 4GB Graphics Card; Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2015 Premium, NIS 2016, VMWare Workstation12 Pro, etc). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.