New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I have an ACER ASPIRE 5735 with windows vista home premium and the operating system is been corrupted, i don't have a recovery disk from manufacturer,back up disk and i don't have any copy (hardware/software) to solved this problem which means i got nothing except the notebook with a problem, windows won't open anymore after adminstr. password its say's (enter product key), we try the product key from the sticker stick under notebook and it didn't work still looking for product key, I try running im safe mode,safe mode with networking, we also try to restore it to a previous date and time using back up and restore it won't help me to: now i still stuck in this case and start thinking to perform a full factory default which is i don't know how to do it.

there's anyone can help me this problem, how to perform a full factory default, what function key should i hit when booting up/starting up, and how to save or recover my data,files and document that it stuck inside my not working notebook? THANK YOU so much for having time to read this and having time to share your idea to fix it i really appreciate it.

regards
    eric M

Thanks
    Check your warranty, if it still applies go here or call Acer tech support.

Try these 3 methods..
    1. As the machine boots, hit F2 to enter the BIOS. Enable 'Disk-to-Disk Recovery', save settings, then exit.
    As the machine re-boots, hit Alt & F10 and follow the prompts.

This will also restore the machine to its factory defaults.

2. Also, try pressing the 'E-Power' button at the extreme top-left of the keyboard (the one with the stylised 'e' on it, if you have Acer E-Recovery installed, this will also do a restore.

3. If that dont work try this..restart laptop and hit f F8 before windows starts logging on. You will get a list of menu choices, At the very bottom of the DOS like window, there should be an option
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you can't get the native data recovery/copy to work properly,often you can hook up an external USB drive and use any LINUX Live CD distro to boot with and read and copy data off. I like to use the Parted Magic CD which is just a utility LINUX CD but has a Windows file browser to help rescue data. http://partedmagic.com/

Thanks
    Contact Acer about this. They should be able to walk you through a recovery process or provide a disk.

This is exactly why we create Windows Rescue Media and Images of our system, to allow us to fix things when they go bad. Check out the Security and Backup forum for excellent ideas on how to Image your PC to prevent this problem in the future.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Clint Rossmere,
    Thank you very much to share ideas and giving option & solution regarding my problem i really appreciate it,but sad to say that none of them works.Maybe that is totally bad and only need to work with RECOVERY MEDIA, anyhow i already purchase it from the manufacturer. Anyway using recovery disk will delete all my saved data and files on my computer?

Byron Tarbox;
    THANK YOU SO MUCH! for your post appreciate it, I might do that (PARTED MAGIC) to if i don't have any option anymore maybe that one works for my computer well.

Ted Myers;
    Thanks ted, Yes i will and i already purchased RECOVERY DISK/MEDIA from manufacturer to proceed in the last option i have.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey Eric, my wife has an Aspire and I have an Extensa, I had such a headache with my Extensa, that was basically cause by installing one of Windows products on line and although Windows help me to remove the problem, the damage was done.Well any future help from Windows was free, including the recovery disks, that I needed. But when it came to Acer because my laptop was out of warranty, I would have to paid for there services. Anyway, you can pay by the hour, which I don`t think is a good idea or you can do as I did an purchase a one year plan,that will give you 15 increments. You get 3 days on one increment in case, it didn`t solve the problem the first or second time. And they can either take control of your computer, and you can watch or they`ll tell you how to do it.
    The phone number for Acer is (877)526-4466. By the way my Extensa works like it`s brand new with NO headaches. This service also covers 3 computers in your home. Althought my wife and I have 2 different models of Acer, both of them have Windows Vista, Home Premium. Good Luck with your headache. Ken

P.S. If you live in the Tampa Bay Area email me at ken1carpenter@live.com