Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows XP SP3. Believed to be clean of malware and up to date on patches.

Problem simply stated is that I can't do a Copy / Paste sequence.

Symptoms Include:

1. In MSOffice, it does not matter what I Select and Copy... when I do the Paste, the system takes a screen image of the screen containing the window of the doc to be pasted into and pastes the entire screen image. It ignores any data that was Copied. For example; in MSWord2000, If I have DocA and DocB open and I select 2 lines of text from DocA, then switch over to DocB and do a paste (by either CTL-V or Menu's Edit/Paste) what gets pasted is Not the text from DocA, but a full screen image of the screen showing DocB just before the Paste.

2. MSPaint does the same thing. I don't even need to do Copy first.... The Paste command is already enabled and when I select it, it pastes a screen image of the entire screen that has the MSPaint window open on it.

3. NotePad is different. The Copy / Paste functions are not working at all (stay greyed out and CTL-C or -V are ignored).

I can't tell if this is a clipboard problem or what... any ideas would be appreciated. I tried creating a new User Account and have the same problem.

Rob G

Thanks
    Does the copy and paste function work within Windows Explorer?
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The only thing I can think of is corruption or a virus that is taking screen caps and sending them off and you are interrupting (revealing) that with your copy/paste action. I wouldn't think that a screen capture program with global keys set to Ctrl/C and running in the background would do the same thing in a new user account...but maybe.

Edit. Thought I had something to add but no, only for Win 7.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Rossmere View Post
    Does the copy and paste function work within Windows Explorer?
    No.

Process attempted:
    1. Opened a folder (Folder A) and selected a document (tried a .doc and a .pdf); did a Copy (tested with Ctrl+C and a Edit/Copy via menu... the Copy command is available, i.e., Not grayed out).

2. Opened another folder (Folder B) and attempted a Paste (tried with Ctrl+V and a Edit/Paste via menu). Did not work. Viewing the commands from the Edit menu, I can see that the Paste option is grayed out.

3. I am able to select the document and then do a drag&drop (and via right-click to select Copy).

Thanks for the gray matter on this.

Rob G.