Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I've been trying to find some definitive instructions on how to find, download, and install the Office 2010 Proofing Tools Kit but frankly Microsoft just has me confused.

They say there is a Office 2010 Proofing Tools Kit and that it is available with Office 2010 Multi-Language Pack. It seems as though the Office 2010 Multi-Language Pack not available yet . If I want to load proofing tools for different languages right now, it seems as though I have to load EACH of the different language packs, instead of just one Proofing Tools installation (like we've used in the past). Is this correct? It seems a bit off to me. The more information I find, the more confused I get.

I just need to load the proofing tools for multiple languages, not the user interface.

Can anyone clarify this issue, please?
    finalword

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You will find all the details and a file with the download links HERE

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry Terry, but that's not it. This is what I keep finding , but not what I'm looking for. The links document that you download from this site sends you to download each individual language file. I want to load the Office 2010 Proofing Tools Kit, which is just the proofing tools for all the languages in one installation file. It is supposedly in the Office 2010 Multi-Language Pack, but that doesn't seem to be available yet.
    finalword

Administrator
    Thanks
    The Office 2010 Proofing Tools Kit has not been released. I can't find any indication of a releae date.

Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That's definitely not available yet. I saw a beta version of it but I cannot even find any confirmation that a multilanguage pack will be made available which suggests that it is still some way off.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,049 Posts
    Usuallly Microsoft provides different downloads, one for the multi-language pack and one for the proofing tools - at least it did for Office 2007. These are available on Technet now. However, for Office 2010, only the individual language packs are available, even in Technet and you'd expect that it would be made available there at least at the same time as it would be made publicly available, if not earlier.

I think even most of the foreign language versions aren't available yet. The language packs are available for all the languages, or most of them, at least. So, it will likely be available only at a latter date.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    This may be a different question, but I would love to have something to copy my proofing settings from one computer to another without having to set them up individually. It seems to me there is an application to accomplish that in past versions, but I can't even remember what it is. In fact I'm sure there is or was, but I'm using 2010 now almost exclusively, and I don't know the score for that. (This is English language only.)

Aha! I remembered it. I was thinking of Windows Settings Migration, and what I still would like to know is how I can make all of my Office 2010 settings the same on multiple (well, several) computers the same. Is there an easy way to do this? It does look close to the OP, so I think I am in the right thread.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peterg View Post
    Aha! I remembered it. I was thinking of Windows Settings Migration, and what I still would like to know is how I can make all of my Office 2010 settings the same on multiple (well, several) computers the same. Is there an easy way to do this? It does look close to the OP, so I think I am in the right thread.
    You need the Office 2010 Resource Kit to setup & customize an installation for multiple systems.

Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    You need the Office 2010 Resource Kit to setup & customize an installation for multiple systems.

Joe
    Thanks very much Joe.

Peter

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Win 7 SP1 RC is now available -- it might have something.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peterg View Post
    Win 7 SP1 RC is now available -- it might have something.
    Something for what? For Windows 7, the only new thing is an updated RDP client to take advantage of new server functionality in remote connections. Otherwise, SP1 is a patch rollup for Windows 7. It will have nothing for Office 2010.

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to all who posted! I do really appreciate the information.

To Sum Up this topic - The Office 2010 Proofing Tools Kit is not currently available since the Office 2010 Multi-Language Pack. is not currently available.

I will keep an eye out for it and post again when I see it.

Thanks again, everyone!
    finalword

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It looks like this is now available folks. Check out this post from the Office IT Blog:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/office_re...e-on-vlsc.aspx
    finalword

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I can confirm that the Proofing Tools Kit is available for download on Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center.