Thanks
    Just a friendly reminder.You can read the whole story here;ComputerWorld
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Interesting story.
    I was surprised with these quotes from a link in that article ....... "Windows XP has more than twice the market share of Windows 7 and Windows Vista combined -- 61.87% for XP in July, compared to 14.46% for Windows 7, and 14.34% for Windows Vista."

"Gregg Keizer of Computerworld reports that XP market share is dropping very slowly, and that its current rate of decline, it won't drop under 50% until January 2012. And even then, it will far outpace Windows Vista and Windows 7, and likely have more market share than both combined. "

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There's was a pretty good podcast (Mike Smith Tech Show) where he entailed all the trials and tribulations of moving to new servers and Windows 7 workstations. So, now they can...uhmmm....ahhh...well, its pretty much the same as before, except with all the extra expense to write off

There's no need to upgrade and with the economy...many won't convert until they have to, and even then, there are tales of Windows 98 surviving in the workplace well into this decade (or is it the last decade?); and XP is much much better than 98.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    I agree it's a war of attrition. However, I think as soon, if ever, as the economy takes off again you'll see large investments in new technology. So many businesses have been nursing old equipment along because they just can't justify buying new in this economy. I think that peripherals will also drive the move to 7. As items like printers and disk drives die out, they always do eventually, it's going to be harder and harder to find replacements with XP drivers or ATA connections respectively, the industry's method of forcing us to keep buying. I remember trying to upgrade an old XP machine to 4Gb of memory using the old RDRAM. It would have cost me $2,000 just for the ram! I got a whole new machine with 4Gb Quad Core Processor, etc for about $1,200! See it works!
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs