New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Guys, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, it has been working perfectly since a fresh install last Friday. All of a sudden about 20 minutes ago it stopped working, no copy and paste using right click, or CTRL+C and CTRL+V, not even in Notepad. I have rebooted to no avail.

Suggestions please.

Cheers

Thanks
    Check your system thoroughly for malware or viruses using more than one tool. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is
    one such AM tool that is recommended.
    Check your IE Security Settings: Tools>options>advanced>security>custom level and under miscellaneous see that "Drag and drop or copy and paste" is checked enable.
    Uninstall any 3rd party software that exclusively has "clipboard" fine control or clipboard oriented control.
    Run a mild registry cleaning tool like CCleaner's reg repair option, or a similarly trusted registry repair tool.
    Start or restart Network DDE DSDM, Network DDE, & Clipbook from within "services.msc". (for XP)
    With System Restore, go back to a restore point that is known good. (If you use System Restore)
    Run "sfc /scannow" from an elevated command promt if any of the above fails.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestions, the system is 100% clean, NOD32 AV, Prevx, MalwareBytes free, SuperAntiSpyware free.

I have uinstalled Prevx just in case it was that.

I already use CCleaner, no issues there.

Can't find out where the equivelent of Network DDE... is in Windows 7

Don't use System Restore, do have an Acronis Image, so that would be my last option.

Ran sfc /scannow with no issue found.

I see plenty of the same issue on the internet, with no known fixes for Windows 7

Cheers

Thanks
    Some further reading...
    Clipboard not working from Mozillazine
    (Firefox users)
    Make an attempt to check copy & paste functions from within safemode as well.

You can also try the clean boot method for troubleshooting purposes. Just change it back when your done...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks Clint, I'll take a look at that link.

The issue isn't specific to Firefox, nothing for any form of Copy and Paste works in Windows 7.

XPmode still works perfectly for Copy and Paste, so it is only a Windows 7 issue.

Cheers

Thanks
    It must be a software related mal-interaction issue.
    I use Windows 7, 64 bit and have yet to come across this problem. I use copy and paste frequently and would notice this loss of function immediatly.

When all is said and done you may have to play around with the Acronis backup image you have to help troubleshoot/sust-out the offending app. It will definitely be there, somewhere.
    Go over your software list of all those programs you have installed after your known good and working Acronis image was done. If it has only been a few weeks, it should make the process a little easier. There is a program, or an advanced program setting that is the most likely cause of the loss of copy/paste function.
    DRIVE IMAGING

Latest Build:

Thanks
    I would also consider creating new images whenever a change is made to the OS, i.e. updates or new apps, etc. this way if something like this happens you can isolate easier what caused the problem (new image for each change is pretty conclusive) plus get back where you started in about 15 minutes. I use Acronis regularly and hate to say it but have to restore regularly (I like to try new things and experiment a lot with my OS, and consequently bung things up regularly, oh well) I would also suspect either a software conflict with someting new and something old (sorry for the reference, went to a wedding last weekend.) There also could be a software / hardware conflict. Was this an upgrade from an older version or purchased new with Win 7.

I also regularly use copy/paste with no problems at all in over a year. Sorry, but have no further ideas.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I found the issue, it was Prevx. Even though I tried disabling it, it was still affecting the clipboard.

Prevx Support addressed the issue overnight, and a further scan and reboot sorted it out this morning.

Thanks for your help on this guys, appreciated.

Cheers

Thanks
    Good to see you got it sorted out.
    DRIVE IMAGING

Latest Build: