Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    We're putting our training product on the web and would like to use Flash to do so, but have a limited budget. Question: Can a Lounger help me with where to find information on cost and time benchmarks?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Thanks
    It's not expensive to simply convert video from one format to another and display it in a page. You can use a video hosting service to handle most of it. (Something like Bits on the Run will look a lot more professional than YouTube.)

However, do you need interactivity in the video? That may need to be hand-coded. Not sure how best to shop for a Flash developer, but perhaps someone with expertise in courseware would be worth tracking down..

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Jefferson,

Thanks for your prompt (as usual) and helpful reply. Glad to see you're still active in the Lounge! I wasn't clear in my post: our current product is not a video; it's instructor led, with basic bullet point slides in PowerPoint. The final version will need interactivity and needs to be "protectable" as we plan to sell it on our web site.

Re. your courseware suggestion, we have done a lot of research in e-learning software. We're making our product highly "graphics and motion based" and most of the e-learning software seems "academic" in appearance. That led us to believe the Flash option would be more direct and best for web delivery. On the other side, Flash programs appear very complex; hence, our concern re. costs and time!

Given all this, any other suggestions?

Linda