New Lounger
    Thanks
    I regularly send reports to my customers via an Outlook mail merge. I'm running Office 2007, the mail is generated in Word with Excel providing the recipient list.

The problem is that Outlook sends out the mails very quickly and I have the distinct feeling that our ISP is blocking a lot of them as it sees many messages with the same subject line going out in a short period of time. Several customers have told me that they did not get their reports, but I have no way of telling who got them or not without sending another mailing (where the problems start again). Helpful information from the ISP is not forthcoming!

Is there any way to set a delay between emails or to easily sent mails in batches without having to purchase third party software?

Thank you for your help!

Thanks
    The first step is... You can change your Outlook Send/Receive settings to not send messages immediately, and/or you can break your account settings (e.g., add X into the server name) so Outlook cannot send. Then the merge messages should pile up in your Outbox.

Next, I'm not sure from that point how best to send them in small batches. In theory you could open each one and set the option to not send before a specific time. And I'm pretty sure you could do this with a macro (VBA procedure). (No time to code that at the moment, sorry.)

Alternately, perhaps if you start a full antivirus scan and render a large movie as you are merging, that will slow down your PC enough to delay the messages?

Thanks
    I don't use mail merge but can you set it so that the Emails request a delivery or read receipt? (under options in the new email form) That would allow you to see who got the emails.

Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Witalka View Post
    I don't use mail merge but can you set it so that the Emails request a delivery or read receipt? (under options in the new email form) That would allow you to see who got the emails.
    That's true, but the lack of a receipt could be due to user or server settings, so it couldn't tell you who definitely didn't get the message.