Thanks
    Will a Netbook with an Atom processor, 1GB RAM and running Windows 7 Starter run a USB digital TV dongle. Does anyone have this combination running successfully?
    Neilm

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, I can' t say that I have. But my wife has a Netbook with the same specs, except hers is XP. She's had it a year and so far, I can't find anything that would tell me it won't work. In fact, I think its a great idea. If you decide to try it, let us what the results are.
    Chuck

Thanks
    Check the netbooks USB hubs power output spec against the specs of the dongle's power requirements.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Clint, the only specs I can find for the DTV dongle to view DTV are:
    • VGA card that supports Direct X9 and DxVA HDTV (whatever the latter is I don't know),
    • minimum 256 MB RAM,
    • USB2,
    • Sound Card &
    • Windows 7/Vista/XP/Linux.

The TV dongle is an AVerTV DVB-T Volar X. There is no mention of power requirements in the specs.
    Neilm

Thanks
    If this is your model you should be fine. Verify the netbooks USB power output to be on the safe side.

"Avermedia" AVerTV DVB-T Volar X, Digital only, USB2.0

Specifications:
    =Major Description=
    The "AVerTV DVB-T Volar X" is also compliant with Windows XP and the latest Vista Media Center Edition (MCE), which demonstrates a strong proof of its technology recognition and also considered a big bonus for users to keep the card for their MCE PCs.
    In spectacular streamline casing with smallest and slightness size, the AVerTV DVB-T Volar X with portable antenna is your perfect travel-mate. The supplied remote control allows users to take more complete control over their PC-TV viewing. The power Stand By mode is a value-added bonus to spotlight the ultra low power consumption feature-the power drawing from the Notebook battery can be greatly reduced even when the AVerTV DVB-T Volar X connects to the Notebook computer without running AVerTV 6.0.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.