New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a new Honda CR-V that has a stereo that can use a USB drive besides an Ipod to play music. The manual states I can have the music 8 folders deep. I have tried putting the music in the form of: Rock/1962 Rock/ Time Life 1962 Album/songs. When I play the drive it just goes to the Albums and then the song to play. Needless to say with a 32GB USB drive I have over 6600 songs and 200 some albums. That takes a long time to scoll through. Has anybody run into a simular problem and found a way that works? Any program to organize it and then copy or download on to the USB drive? I have Itunes of course, but that I can't get to load onto the USB.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I use MediaMonkey to organise my 32GB stick in my Ford. Works really well but I can't fit anywhere near that many songs on it. Have you compressed them to within an inch of their life?

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I used Itunes ACC compression for the songs. This is for my wife's car. She sings and loves music. With MediaMonkey can you do multipule levels/folder? Do you use the paid or free?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    MM lets you define what goes on each media/player and will then sync when you plug the unit in.
    I use the paid version because I wanted on-the-fly down conversion - I save my CDs in FLAC and MP3s at the highest possible bit rate, then convert to about 200k for the USB.

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I am glad you asked this, as it prompted me to try this out. I have had USB compatible cat stereo for a while now, and not used it.

I created a folder structure (just 3 deep for now) and copied a few mp3 files into various places, at different levels of the tree, using Windows Explorer.
    My car player listed the name of any folder containing mp3 files, and I could use up.down/arrows to cycle through those folders. But it did not display the path. So I could not work my way down a tree. I also created folders with identical names in different branches. This became confusing as it just displayed the matching folder names.
    Once I got to a folder it just started playing what was in it, but I could skip to the next tune.
    Regards
    John

New Lounger
    Thanks
    That is the problem I have. The stereo only sees the lowest folder(Album). I can switch between the folders(Albums) but it will only list about 70 albums. When one has 400 albums that is a pain. I can switch between the unknown folders(Albums) to see what the album name is but it won't list it on the list of 6. Our salesman uses an Ipod with 18,000 songs with a large number of playlists and has no problem. I may have to go that route. It is just that there is less to go wrong on a USB drive.