Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [attachment=90372:ErrorMsg.jpg]

Lately I've been getting this message when attempting to save files from various programs. It seems that W7 has this default address set up and it can't find it. Sometimes I can cancel and proceed. Other times (as in the illustrated case) it simply won't let me continue. Any suggestions as to what's going on, or more particularly how can I change this default address to, say, the C drive.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Chuck,

It seems the program RootsMagicToGo is expecting a disk {in this case a USB device according to a google search}. You may want to uninstall this program.

Addendum: I see this is a Genealogical program so you may not want to uninstall it but you at least need to figure out which USB device it is trying to write to.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    The problem is not unique to the Roots Magic program. I just used it as an example. In fact, I used the free IrfanView program to open a screen capture from which I cropped the displayed error message in my first post. When I went to save that cropped picture I got the same kind of error message although in this case I selected Cancel and got the usual Save As window. It doesn't work that way with the Roots Magic error message. Clicking on cancel just brings up another error message.
    There are several other programs that come up with the same message when saving something. I still think there must be some place in W7 where it is saving that peculiar address as the default.