New Lounger
    Thanks
    None of my players from TrueFire.com work anymore. They play the videos but the link buttons (Jambox, Forum, Store, Support, My Profile) and the tab buttons (Chart, Ptab) no longer work with any of my TrueFire Players.

They used to work and I believe one of the registry cleaners caused the problem. I am running Windows 7, IE8, and Norton Internet Security.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Martin View Post
    They used to work and I believe one of the registry cleaners caused the problem. I am running Windows 7, IE8, and Norton Internet Security.
    I'm pretty sure your assumption is correct. If your "registry cleaner" has an Undo function, try using that before you uninstall the "registry cleaner".

My advice has always been never use any "registry cleaner" for any reason at any time.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    It's certainly true, that some registry cleaners can be "Destructive".
    I tried CCleaner twice over a period of several years and both times I had to use Ghost to restore an Image File of my C: drive, to get running again.

On the other side of the coin, I've been using "Easy Cleaner 2" for years, on hundreds of PC's, with never any problem at all.
    I always make a backup of my registry before ever running any registry cleaner.

But for the novice or just uninformed user, I'd have to agree that using a Registry Cleaner could be bad news. When in doubt...."Don't!"
    The performance gain from using one is usually very small indeed.
    Using a registry cleaner without also using a registry optimizer (compressor) doesn't do much good at all, because the registry will still take up just as much space in RAM.
    When I run "Easy Cleaner" on my own PC, I always follow that up by running "NTREGOPT", to compress the registry, by removing the empty spaces.
    After removing Office 2007 from my PC, I ran "Easy Cleaner" followed by "NTREGOPT" and decreased the overall size of my registry by 30%.

Cheers Mates!
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!