Thread: WLM 2011

Thanks
    I have been using Outlook since circa 1995 and have grown to love it. That said I thought I would try out the new WLM. Now that I am semi retired I really have no need to stay with Outlook, and because it looks as if for us stand alone users the new Windows Phone7 will sync with WLM, but not with Outlook.
    I installed it but I have not set up any accounts in it. What I noticed first off was that it was that MSFT has done a pretty decent job of making it a lot like Outlook, and that it is receiving my @msn e-mails although I was still receiving them in Outlook. Again there are no accounts set up. So that is a little weird!
    The one feature that I don't see however is the ability to drag an e-mail to the calendar and drop it on the appropriate date. I really like that in Outlook.
    Yes, I know you can right click on an e-mail and send it to the calendar but I thought I would check here to see if anyone knows of a way to drag and drop an e-mail to the calendar.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    It is the email account to which Windows Phone 7 syncs not the email client. As long as Outlook is using the Hotmail Connector you should be able to continue to use it.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Joe, Maybe I should have said Directly with Outlook, like with the older AcvtiveSync (May it Rest in Peace). While I am not so worried about e-mail, It is my Outllook Contacts that I want on the phone.
    Back on the 16th I posted this Windows Phone7 with this link How to Sync Windows Phone7
    While it is true that the phone will sync to Outlook if and that is a big if you are using Exchange Active Sync, there is no way unless one uses a work around to sync Outlook since the phone syncs with Zune. Even in the Windows Phone forums I am getting the same answer and that is that it won' sync Directlyt with Outlook..
    I have Bing'd this so many times the "B" is almost worn off!
    Heck, I've been known to be wrong before, or to have misread something, so as I also mentioned in the above post, someone please prove me wrong.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)