Thanks
    I need to reduce the size of Windows 7 on my C disk so that I can
    image it with Bootit NG on one DVD. Things I have done so far: clean C
    disk with CCleaner and its registry cleaner; removed option to Index and
    use Restore capabilities; deleted via Revo unnecessary programs; put
    Paging file in it's own partition; disabled Hibernation; defraged and
    optimized C disk. Any further suggestions? Thanks. David

Thanks
    Have you tried using a double layer DVD?

I use Acronis True Image and it allows me to split the image into DVD sizes...
    Maybe your program has those options.
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Even acronis with all updates injected and all my drivers injected but no programs installed is 5.53 GB

The built in 7 image utility(type sdclt in the Search Programs and files on the Start button) will allow you to split it across dvd but much larger

Thanks
    Why do you need to use Boot It, and why does it have to go to DVD, and why only 1 DVD? Ext USB HD are very inexpensive now, do not require a file to be split, and do not require you to pare down your Win 7 installation and apps to fit it. Plus there are many 3rd party apps that will handle the job as well or better than Boot It. In fact many of the Ext USB HD's include a version of Acronis True Image to create your images. Or there are free alternatives. It appears your biggest obstacle is fitting an Image on 1 DVD. This tends to defeat the purpose of Images, and that is to be able to restore your entire OS including Win 7, all customizations, and all apps installed from one source in less than 1/2 hour. The only thing I would do is to move all data to a separate partition on the HD.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I guess some people like to walk the long way around the barnn.
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Thanks
    I also use BootIt NG. My Windows 7 image fits on two single-layer DVD's, or one double-layer DVD. I can boot to my Recovery partition, delete hiberfil.sys (which is 2GB), and the Windows 7 image will fit on only one single-layer DVD. To backup my entire system takes several DVD's, but I don't have a problem with that, because of the reliability of using DVD's.

I use BootIt Next Generation for the simple reason that it operates totally outside the Windows environment, and it is much more than a backup tool. I can use my BootIt NG drive images to restore my system to "bare metal". BootIt NG does not have any problems with juntion points; BootIt only sees 1's and 0's. And it will fit on a single floppy drive.

With any magnetic storage media, failure is a matter of when, not if . Burned DVD's have a "shelf life", but it is measured in years (depending on brand and storage conditions). DVD is my backup media of choice, and will remain my backup media of choice. While it is not quite as convenient as backing up to an external drive, it is much more bullet-proof. Yes, it may take a bit longer to restore a drive image, but it will always restore a drive image; something that can't be said for magnetic media.

I have had magnetic media backups fail. I have not had DVD backups fail.

It's all a matter of choice, and what one is willing to lose forever.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have no hiberfil.sys and that will be another reduction
    from a Admin cmd prompt POWERCFG -H OFF
    will turn Hibernation off and the file will disappear. So my acronis image doesn't contain it.

to turn on and set for 120 minutes
    POWERCFG -X -hibernate-timeout-ac 120