Thread: NTSC to PAL

Thanks
    I have an original DVD in NTSC format (encypted). How do I put it to another DVD in PAL format. ?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    I can't answer that, but I found this thread somewhat amusing: Converting NTSC to PAL??? : DVD Authoring.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have used Pinnacle Studio 14 to convert PAL-formatted videos to NTSC videos*. Perhaps it will work in the other direction as well. Pinnacle has an import feature that can extract the video from a DVD, provided the DVD is not encrypted (which you can usually get around by installing a decrypter).

* Actually, I had Studio burn a DVD from a PAL-formatted video, and that DVD played just fine on my Blu-ray player, HDTV combination. So it might not have actually converted anything. But there appear to be controls in Studio for the frame rate and screen size.

Thanks
    I finally took my head out of the sand and experimented with a program I've used for ages, Its WinAvi 9, I know there's a newer version but has no burner.
    1 converted original dvd (ntsc) to pal, medium quality, one dvd separate titles with a split setting of 8500mb. Converted size under 4.3gb. Burned to new dvd, picture was an anagram of 'this' and the menu's were not accessible. Head returned to sandpit.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!