Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In this database I've inherited, I have several tables, queries and only 1 or 2 reports. The problem is that the tables (and queries) are values that are listed as text but should be numbers; as a consequence on the report, I have two columns of numbers that don't reflect commas or decimal points correctly, nor can I enforce four decimal places. I have gone into the tables, made the changes and saved them but at the end of the day, they always revert back to numbers. Any thoughts on how I can tell the tables these are numeric fields and that they should sit and stay? Thanks, Pete

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The data types don't just change themselves. Something else is happening. Where are you determining the values are listed as text? Is there a format property on the textbox on the report? That would display the value as text even though it looks like a number.

Check the table in design view. Is the field numeric? Does the report's query have any formatting? You can see a query field's format by right-clicking the field in the grid and selecting Properties.

Regards,
    Bill Mosca, MS Access MVP
    That'll do IT http://thatlldoit.com
    Regards,
    Bill Mosca, Microsoft Access MVP
    That'll do IT http://thatlldoit.com

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for your response; a friend of a friend suggested using a SELECT Val statement, and actually wrote it for me. Not that I truly understand it, but it works perfectly. Again, thank you for your help. Pete