Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is another search question for you to enjoy. I just got myself a new monitor, a LED 22.5" from LG. Great !

Now, my background .jpg is not large enough for my liking, I searched for the file : Beluga.jpg and it is not found. In the previous Windows, it was in the Windows folder, not now. If I had it on screen, I could resize it in pixel and spread it a little. OIr how do you suggest I do this ?

Have a great day. Jean.

NB: a beluga is a white whale.

Thanks
    Hi Jean,

As you can see, I started a new thread with your post this morning.

If you right click on your Desktop, and select Personalize, then click on Desktop Background at the bottom left, does the wallpaper you are looking for show up?

Windows wallpapers are normally stored in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper. If the .jpg is not located there, then it was evidently placed in another folder on your hard drive.

Open Windows Explorer, and select your C:\ drive. Next enter the name of the wallpaper in the Search box in the upper right of Windows Explorer. This search should find your beluga.jpg if it is on your C:\ drive. Repeat this for any other disks on your system. This search may be slow because your entire C:\ drive is not indexed for Windows Search. If you believe your wallpaper file is somewhere in My Documents, then select C:\Users\YourUserName\My Documents for your search locale and it should be found quickly.

Since you are looking for a file name, rather than searching file contents, you could download Everything, which is very fast at finding file names.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Jean, if you do first bit suggested by GS, change dropdown box to stretch.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    If you would like to use your own photos in a Windows Theme slideshow, there's a fairly simple way to do that, too. This thread in Microsoft Answers explains.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, bbearen.

Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    If you would like to use your own photos in a Windows Theme slideshow, there's a fairly simple way to do that, too. This thread in Microsoft Answers explains.
    This beluga is my own photo, bb. I did set it up as is suggested here, obvioulsy. If I can locate it and get it into Paint Shop Pro X12, I will resize it for the new screen.

Thanks for your attention. Jean.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Gerald, always the helpfull jock.

I am digesting this note. Not ignoring you. Jean.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Gerald, I am back at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Shepard View Post
    Hi Jean,

As you can see, I started a new thread with your post this morning.

I had not noticed, good on you.

If you right click on your Desktop, and select Personalize, then click on Desktop Background at the bottom left, does the wallpaper you are looking for show up?
    Windows wallpapers are normally stored in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper. If the .jpg is not located there, then it was evidently placed in another folder on your hard drive.

I found it ! It was buried about 10 layers down, in Themes. I worked on it and met nothing but frustration, not on my part though. I was using Paint Shop Pro X2 and could not master its functions, I switched to Paint and was able to do the required task. It now shows fine, the problem with PSP X2 was that it filled the vertical space and not the horizontal.

Since you are looking for a file name, rather than searching file contents, you could download Everything, which is very fast at finding file names.
    I had it in Personalize, I right-clicked on it and it showed where it was, then kid's play to work on it. I will now study PSP X2 to grab it fully. It ought to be a better programme than Paint as the price was horrendous. there is always something new to learn, is there not ? Thanks to you, Gerald, and others who came forward with suggestions.

Have a great day. Jean.