3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Proxifier to redirect all ports from uTorrent through your-freedom (http://your-freedom.net/). I use the basic package from your-freedom which limits traffic to 32KB/s (KiloBYTES per Second) but I have occasionally noticed download/upload speeds go quite a bit beyond that. When setting up Proxifier I pointed it to uTorrent.exe so what I'm thinking is that is that uTorrent might create/use a separate dll or something separate from the main executable that could be allowing some connections outside of the proxy.

The reason I use the proxy is because I'm using my college internet connection. The largest speeds I noticed were when downloading Ubuntu 10.10 probably about a week ago. Under the normal restrictions it should have taken 6.16 hours but instead only took 2. I'm also not sure how worried I should be about this, I have encryption in uTorrent set to enabled so I'm guessing that any connection that can get past the schools restrictions must be encrypted but, it's still a very curious matter.
    Current Machine:HP Compaq 6910p with 4GB RAM, Core2Duo @ 2.20 GHz, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, Avast free, Malwarebyte's free, TP-Link wireless card (as the built in card has nothing but problems with empty solutions): The card identifies as "Atheros AR922X Wireless Network Adapter". [Not the best machine but it does internet, docs, and vids, and some games (PvZ, Spore)]

Thanks
    You can also adjust your upload & download speeds from within the uTorrent client itself to help ensure you stay below the radar of the college internet connection, which
    in most instances will ban all suspected p2p torrent traffic...if detected.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Rossmere View Post
    You can also adjust your upload & download speeds from within the uTorrent client itself to help ensure you stay below the radar of the college internet connection, which
    in most instances will ban all suspected p2p torrent traffic...if detected.
    I realize that though as I mentioned I'm not sure how worried I should be. I can only assume that any traffic getting past the proxy must be encrypted since normal p2p is completely blocked on most ports. (except possibly one used for something like skype which I believe also uses TCP).

The real question is: How is it possible for the speeds to exceed the limits of the proxy when the executable is force tunneled through it. Either uTorrent is using something other than the executable, or your-freedom is allowing extra traffic, or Proxifier and/or your-freedom are allowing something to go outside the proxy.
    Current Machine:HP Compaq 6910p with 4GB RAM, Core2Duo @ 2.20 GHz, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, Avast free, Malwarebyte's free, TP-Link wireless card (as the built in card has nothing but problems with empty solutions): The card identifies as "Atheros AR922X Wireless Network Adapter". [Not the best machine but it does internet, docs, and vids, and some games (PvZ, Spore)]