Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Firefox 3.6.12 Update
2010-10-28, 02:08 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2001
- Silicon Valley, USA
- Thanked 94 Times in 90 Posts
Another week, another security issue. This one obviously was deemed pretty urgent. If you read the (somewhat technical) Bugzilla thread you can see a fairly rapid progression:
- Mon 10/25 9:28 PM : Issue entered into the system; 9 more contributors post comments during the next 12 hours.
- Tue 10/26 10:03 AM : First patch posted.
- Tue 10/26 11:32 AM : Comment noting that the issue has been made public by security vendor Norman.
- Tue 10/26 12:19 PM : Second patch posted.
- Tue 10/26 7:04 PM : After discussion of various technical issues, second patch approved and added to source code.
- Tue 10/26 11:25 PM : QA confirms patch efficacy in 3.6.12 and 3.5.15.
Source: Bug 607222 – Interleaving document.write and appendChild can lead to duplicate text frames and overrunning of text run buffers
To update, try Help > Check for updates...
2010-10-28, 09:43 #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2008
- A cultural area in SW England
- Thanked 197 Times in 177 Posts
Impressive response, IMHO!BATcher
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."