New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using Windows XP. My "add or remove" program lists the following .Net Framework versions installed on my computer:
    1.1 + updates
    2.0 SP2
    3.0 SP2
    3.5 SP1
    Are all these versions necessary, or can I remove all but version 4.0?
    My Secuna Program says that Net Framework 1,2,3,& 4 are security threats and need to be updated, however when I go the Windows update site and check my computer, it says that there are no new updates for my computer.

Thanks for any suggestions & help.,

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    The .NET framework is designed such that multiple versions may co-exist. You may have applications that require a specific version of .NET. Unless you are sure you don't need a particular version you are probably better off leaving them alone.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    They are incremental, like adding more books to a library. I'm pretty sure you don't have duplicates of the same versions in actuality either. Its more like if you had the original 2.0 and later it was updated to 2.0 SP status, it didn't add another set of 2.0 files, just the SP updates even though its listed as if it was duplicated.

I find it hard to do much with a lot of different programs and utilities without up to at least 2.0 SP. Less trouble with 3.0 and 3.5 not being there and no trouble at all so far for me on 4 (since I don't have it yet ).