Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    For those who may have been waiting. According to the Windows blog, Windows 7 Family Pack Now Available in 46 Countries.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Thanks, Joe!

Amazon in the UK lists it thus:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack for XP or Vista users, 3 User Licence (PC DVD) *(3 copies per customer limit)
    by Microsoft (2010) - Windows 7
    Buy new: [s]149.99[/s] 120.99
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have searched both Microsoft's website, and those of several vendors trying to find the details of how this pack can be used, but cannot find anything beyond the Microsoft statement "Package contains one disc with a license key that can be entered on as many as three machines."

Can it validly be used on any three machines? Do all the PCs have to be in the same house, and owned by the same person or a relative?

Could I validly install one copy on my wife's desktop, one on a laptop owned by our Church and one on a desktop belonging to my daughter who lives 125 miles away?

If there are restrictions, if I upgrade a PC using one of the Family Pack licences, then give it away or sell it, is the licence still valid?

I should be grateful if someone who has one of these packs can clarify the licence terms.
    PFV