New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have set up Outlook to sort incoming mail into 7 different InBoxes based on which one of 7 different email accounts the sender addressed the message to. In Outlook 2010, the default arrangement of folders is alphabetical except for "InBox," Drafts, Sent Items, and Deleted Items, which are displayed at the top of the list. You are unable to arrange folders into any other order. My user-configured in-boxes are displayed in alphabetical order except when a new message arrives. Then Outlook moves that in-box to the bottom of the list. Emptying the in-box and restarting Outlook puts things back in order. Microsoft Tech Support has no idea how to fix this. I have disabled all add-ins (9 of them) one at a time to see if that would fix it. MS Support was sure this was the issue (they didn't like the YouSendIt add-in). This didn't help and all add-ins are re-enabled. Has anyone experienced this problem? And have you found a solution? This is just an annoyance. Every morning when I fire up Outlook, I have to go looking for where my InBoxes have been moved to.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D Cooley View Post
    My user-configured in-boxes are displayed in alphabetical order except when a new message arrives. Then Outlook moves that in-box to the bottom of the list.
    Sounds like a bug... Does it matter whether the folders are at the same level of the hierarchy as the default Inbox folder, or whether they are sub-folders of the default Inbox folder? It might be a hassle to test that, so I'll understand if you aren't interested.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yesterday I moved all my account-specific mailboxes to a subordinate position under my program-generated "InBox." This morning, most had new messages and their position within the folders list was unchanged! When they were at the same level as the "InBox," Outlook would have moved them to the bottom of the Folders list. So, thank you jscher2000. I can live with my user-generated mailboxes as subordinate mailboxes. I'll just keep the InBox folder open giving visibility to my account-specific InBoxes. At least they are all in one place finally.

Thanks
    "I'll just keep the InBox folder open giving visibility to my account-specific InBoxes"
    I am using Outlook '07, so I am not sure if this will fly in '10, but if you customize Outlook Today "messages" you can list each sub folder under your Inbox. when an e-mail comes to that specific box. when that box receives a message, the message count to the right will "Bold" so you know which folder to go to. You can even go so far as to create a folder within your folder hand have it show up. Example: Inbox, Subfolder "Personal", Sub sub folder yyyy, and that yyy folder can be listed. That also applies to other domain address's as well. at the bottom of the attachment notice a second inbox, that is my @msn account inbox.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)