New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

I'd like to print some photos in Media Center on 4X9 photo print paper, and I'm having problems. The problem is that MC seems to be only setup to print 8.5X11 pages. MC seems to bypass the usual printer dialog box where I could set the paper size, and, instead, it prints directly to the printer. Does anyone know if there is a way I can setup the printer in Media Center?

Thanks

Bri

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Why MC? Does it have to be MC? The printing options look very basic to me in MC and might be bypassing the printer dialogue on purpose (not capable of interacting?).
    Couldn't something like Picasa do the trick or is there something special about the photos and MC?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It's for my wife's computer. She started using MC to look at pictures and wanted to print from there. But the MC printing abilities are brain-dead. So I'll look for another solution.

Thanks

Bri

Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows Live Photo Gallery has pretty good print options. It's one of the components in Windows Live Essentials, which you can download for free from Microsoft.

Picasa is also a good photo organizer/printer option.

Thanks
    Brian, I have to go along with Windows Live Photo Gallery. It has many printing and sharing options, and does alow sharing to family and friends via the internet. The Windows Live Essentials site is where to start. After choosing to download, you will be given the option on what components you want. You do not need to download and/or install the entire suite.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gannon View Post
    I'd like to print some photos in Media Center on 4X9 photo print paper, and I'm having problems. The problem is that MC seems to be only setup to print 8.5X11 pages. MC seems to bypass the usual printer dialog box where I could set the paper size, and, instead, it prints directly to the printer. Does anyone know if there is a way I can setup the printer in Media Center?
    It may be a pain but have you tried configuring the printer outside media center?

Joe
    Joe