New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have three computer connected to WHS (Acer Aspire Home Server)one is an Acer Timeline notebook running Win7 x32, a desktop running Win7 x32, and an HP Pavilion running Win7 x64. Everything has been running fine for a year. All three are connected to the WHS by the connector interface and are automatically backed up. About three weeks ago the HP lost contact with WHS. It continues to be backed up automatically but does not show WHS as a computer under newtorks and does not allow saving and retrieving files from WHS. WHS shows up under networks on the other two Win7 x32 systems. The HP is not allowed to map a network drive to WHS. Returns unable to locate network share. From my research, this problem appears to be more related to the Win7 x64 OS than either WHS OS or Win7 x32. I have yet to find anyone who can help with this. It is making my work difficult not being able to access my files on the WHS.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the connector?

Have you changed a user account on the WHS system or on the problem PC?

Have you checked WHS from another PC to see if an account was deleted?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled WHS connector several times. Could this have to do with .NET 4? I installed a program that needed .NET 4. I installed .NET 4 and since then PaperPort and OneNote are not working correctly either as well as being unable to see the WHS as a computer on the network.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    It is unlikely that .NET 4 has anything to do with the the WHS or OneNote problem. I don't know PaperPort so I can't comment about that.

Networking issues are often firewall or account problems.

Have you checked on the WHS machine to make sure that the account being used on the problem PC was not disabled or deleted?

Have you tried turning off the firewall on the problem PC?

Have you run any anti-malware scans just to be safe?

Can the problem PC see the other PCs?

Joe
    Joe