Lounger
    Thanks
    I have tried running the Inbox Repair Tool in regular mode and in Safe Mode. Each time the progress bar reaches 52% and quits. The system stops responding and I have to do a hard reboot to get the system working again. My Outlook 2007 will not work and, unfortunately, I do not have the install disk anymore.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob Caldwell

Thanks
    Can you find a log file containing errors or other information generated by ScanPST? It should be in the same folder as the PST file you were repairing. Anything relevant in there?

Also, ScanPST can take a really long time, so if can close everything else (disconnect from the Internet) and let it run overnight, you might try that in case it is still working but is blocking all input.

Lounger
    Thanks
    There are no PST log files in the folder I am repairing.

I will run the Inbox Repair Tool again and let it sit at 52% tonight and shut everything else down. Tomorrow morning, after 8 hours, I will see if it works and get back to you.

Thanks!

Lounger
    Thanks
    I let it run all night and I woke up to an error message that basically said... that the program could not finish the check and that I should run a disk error checking program and re-run the Inbox Repair Tool afterwords

Any suggestions for a good "disk error checking program"?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Caldwell View Post
    Any suggestions for a good "disk error checking program"?
    I've only used the built-in features of Windows XP* for that. There may well be better third party tools, or changes in Vista/7.

First, you probably want to make one or two backups, since disk repairs may go horribly wrong.

Second, you might want to post the question on the forum for your version of Windows, with a link back to this thread (AKA topic # 779388).

* = in Windows Explorer, right-click the C drive, Properties dialog, Tools tab.

Lounger
    Thanks
    UPDATE:

So far I have performed a disk scan that did not find any problems. I also did a system restore to a point before I had problems with Outlook. I then tried to run the Inbox Repair Tool again and still have the same problem. The progress bar reaches 52% and stops.

Are there any 3rd party Outlook repair utility programs out there that might help?

Thanks,

Rob Caldwell