New Lounger
    Thanks
    When I click on a Word file or a shortcut to a file, no matter whether it's a .doc or a .docx file, Word opens and tells me that it cannot find the file. However, if I click on the shortcut or file a second time, it opens without a problem. This is totally consistent. It happens every time. With new files and old files. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lowe View Post
    When I click on a Word file or a shortcut to a file, no matter whether it's a .doc or a .docx file, Word opens and tells me that it cannot find the file. However, if I click on the shortcut or file a second time, it opens without a problem.
    Do you usually close Word after closing a document? Windows may launch a .doc/.docx differently when Word is running vs. Word not running. Does that seem to be the pattern?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Do you usually close Word after closing a document? Windows may launch a .doc/.docx differently when Word is running vs. Word not running. Does that seem to be the pattern?

Thanks jscher,
    I normally save the file then close word.
    If I open Word and then double click a file Word will open the file.
    I have been using Word for 20 years and this is the first time this has happened.
    If you search for this problem, you will find that it started happening around 2007. But all my searching found no answer.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Wow! You’re not going to believe this; I’ve just found the answer.
    One search came up with “delete one or more of the Add-Ins that you don’t use”
    Now I can double click a file and Word loads the file every time.