Thanks
    My brother e-mailed me last night and said that his wife was unable to logon to Windows.
    When she entered her password the only thing it said was Enter Password.
    this is a shared computer and he has no problem.
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    My brother e-mailed me last night and said that his wife was unable to logon to Windows.
    When she entered her password the only thing it said was Enter Password.
    this is a shared computer and he has no problem.
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    Are you saying that the password textbox is not accepting input from the keyboard?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    With that showing up that is what I am thinking, but when he logs on he isnt having a problem.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    There is the possibility that her user profile has become corrupted. An easy way to check is to create a new account and see if the new account can logon.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    I connected to his PC last night and set passwords for both accounts (there were none) When I logged into the problem account afterwards I didn't get any error message.
    We'll just have to wait and see. I also had hime make a password recovery disk Just in Case!
    Problem seems to be solved for now.
    Thanks John