Thread: Window size

Lounger
    Thanks
    When I open IE or any other program, it opens in a small window. I have to click on maximize at the upper right corner to bring it to full size. This happens evey time, kind of a pain. Is there a setting to change this?

Thanks
    Right click on the shortcut...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, that worked on the IE icon, but that option is not present when I right click on other website icons that I have on my desktop, they still open small.

Thanks
    When I open IE or any other program, it opens in a small window. I have to click on maximize at the upper right corner to bring it to full size. This happens evey time, kind of a pain. Is there a setting to change this?
    Easily one of my top 10 IE anoyances.

To reset your browser window so it will open full screen,
    1. Close all browser windows except the problem one.

2. Maximize the browser window by grabbing the corners and expanding the browser widow to your desired size. It's important to use this method rather than using the Maximize button or double-clicking the Title Bar to maximize the window.

3. Hold your Shift key down and then click the Close button. The Close button is the one with the X in the upper right corner.

Maximize Internet Explorer On Opening
    Problem: When Internet Explorer opens it can range in size anywhere from that of a postage stamp to almost filling the screen. Clicking the maximize button works for that particular window but the next time you open IE the same situation repeats.

Solution: The default behavior for Internet Explorer is to open at the same size it was at the last time it was closed. While the default does apply in many cases it's not always consistent. Try the following workaround.

Open a single Internet Explorer window to the smaller size.
    Drag the corners of the window until it completely fills the screen. Do not use the maximize button to enlarge the window.
    Hold down the Ctrl key, keep it depressed, and using the mouse click File and then Exit on the menu bar. Do not use the "X" in the upper right corner to close the window.
    Internet Explorer should now open in a full window.
    If it still opens to a smaller size repeat the above instructions, substituting the "Shift" key for the "Ctrl" key.
    How can I open IE windows maximized?
    Originally submitted by Tommy G:
    I see quite a few post just about weekly where people cannot keep IE (Internet Explorer)Maximized or have it open Maximized or having any "Open New Window" to open Maximized so I thought I would post this "How To" for everyone...

If your IE is not corrupted, this should work but you must follow all of the steps that I am listing...If you don't follow all of the steps or do them in the order I am listing them, then it will not work for you..I hope this is helpful for those of you who have asked about it..
    •Open IE making sure it is Not already maximized.•Using your mouse, stretch the window to maximize size making sure before you do this that the window is not already in the maximized position..You need to do this when it is the regular size (restore) window size.•After you stretch the window to the maximize size, close IE.•Now open IE and click on the Maximize button.•Now close IE again.
    If you follow the steps exactly, the next time you open IE your windows should open maximized and also, all of your "Open New Window" windows should also open maximized (or to exactly how far you stretched it in Step 2)

And always remember to close the main window Last or you'll have to do it all over again.

And for those of you who always Right Click to open a new window, you can also open a new window by holding down the Shift Key while you Left Click on the link..

And to make your window go full screen just press F11 and F11 again to go back to normal.
    Maximize New Internet Explorer Windows
    Start Internet Explorer, right click any link on a web page, and select Open in a New Window.
    Go back to the first Internet Explorer window you opened and close it.
    Return to the second window and manually drag it to fill the screen.
    (Do not use the maximize button, for that’s a temporary setting that will not be retained.)

Now press the Ctrl button, and close this second window, holding the Ctrl button depressed, using ‘close’ in the File menu (important!).
    All windows should now open maximized.

Well, not really maximized, but at least it’s filling the screen
    How do i maximize all explorer windows Tom's Hardware
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.