2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The store manager sends me, Excel 2007, employee time sheets for me to process payroll. She is on a Vista pc, using Windows mail. She has 2 e-mail accounts. name@ and sales@.
    If she uses sales@ I receive the file just fine. If she forgets and uses name@ they show as being sent on her PC but I don't receive them. This can be frustrating for both of us.

She tells me that with the spreadsheet open she hits the icon for e-mail and goes from there. I doubt it's something in Excel if one arrives but the other doesn't.

I would really appreciate it if loungers could give me some clues as to what to look for on her PC that could resolve this anomaly. Employees don't like being paid late! If you ask me questions please allow time for my answer as her location is 3.5 km from me.

Thanx in advance for your comments or suggestions.

Joan

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is the rest of the email addresses exactly the same after the @ sign?
    Is "name@" a valid mailbox at the receiving address? If not, it may be thrown into a default mailbox.

What happens if the emails are sent to some other free email address such as gmail or yahoo? Of course, do a test with non-payroll spreadsheets.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanx Tim: Yes. After the @ is exactly the same, its the our domain name and yes name@ is valid at my receiving. I receive many messages from name@ that do not have attachments.
    Both are POP3 and both have the same incoming and outgoing providers. I haven't asked her to try sending a different attachment say a word doc. Perhaps I should ask her to do this. As for gmail etc. I don't know of anyone with such an address.
    I doubt it makes a difference but I'm on Win7 and use M$ Outlook 2007
    Joan

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Joan - Your idea of testing with a Word doc is a good one. If you don't receive it, I would suggest looking at your email server settings for a filter on the "name@" mailbox when it has an attachment. I am guessing the missing email is somewhere on the mail server - possibly in Postmaster.

Another test I would do is have store manager send an email with an attachment to name@ with a CC: to sales@ all in one email. Does either mailbox receive it ?

Tim

PS: If you want to test sending a sample file with gmail or yahoo, they are both free.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcirly View Post
    Thanx Tim: Yes. After the @ is exactly the same, its the our domain name and yes name@ is valid at my receiving. I receive many messages from name@ that do not have attachments.
    Both are POP3 and both have the same incoming and outgoing providers. I haven't asked her to try sending a different attachment say a word doc. Perhaps I should ask her to do this. As for gmail etc. I don't know of anyone with such an address.
    I doubt it makes a difference but I'm on Win7 and use M$ Outlook 2007
    Have her forward one of the failed messages addressed to name@ to sales@. You can check to make sure the "to" address is really correct.

Joe
    Joe