New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello again,
    I am trying to take some of the manual work out of a spreadsheet that I have to do evey week. In the attached woorkbook is a list of all of the employees and a work order number that they work on for each day. In the lower section is a calculation that shows total hours per work order. This part works fine but every week I have to manually go through and place the work order numbers in the lower section. Is there a way to get this section to populate a list based on the work order numbers above?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    You could use the advanced filter, specifying copy and unique records only to copy a unique list of items from each column to a range underneath. If the data were laid out differently, I'd suggest a pivot table, but I think it would be cumbersome to work with in the current structure.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The program I have to enter this into is set up just like the lower section. I have to enter the number and hours by the day per work order. It was so much easier when we could enter the totals by work order.

When I try the above suggestion I get and error "The extract range has a missing or illeagal field name". Any ideas how to correct this error?

Thanks
    The source range needs to include a header row with no blanks, and the destination range should be blank, or have title cells that match the headers of the source range. Really with your layout, you need to do one column of order numbers at a time.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info. This does not completely automate the proccess but it saves me some manuall work.