Lounger
    Thanks
    I currently have Microsoft Office and Outlook 2003 installed on Windows 7. I'm toying with the idea of going to Office/Outlook 2010. I'm hesitant as to the correct procedure for Outlook. Can I install it right over 2003, and will it uninstall 2003? If I can install 2010 over 2003, can I then uninstall Outlook 2003 without a problem?

I have two Outlook accounts, will they both come over with 2010 or will I have to recreate them?

Thank you,
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I did exactly this in XP, but with entire Office suite, and it worked fine. I have 3 email accounts, 1 IMAP and 2 POP3 and they, along with all personal folders, calendar, etc., were transferred with no issues.

I would suggest backing up your pst folders just in case.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Phil,

Thank you for your reply, it certainly gives me some confidence. Were you then left with just 2010 on your system, or did you have to uninstall any of the earlier modules?

Thank you,
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Sander View Post
    Thank you for your reply, it certainly gives me some confidence. Were you then left with just 2010 on your system, or did you have to uninstall any of the earlier modules?
    If you do a custom install you should be given the opportunity to either remove the old versions of the various Office applications or leave them alone. NOTE: This will not happen for Outlook. There can only be one version of Outlook installed at a time.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    thank you all for your assistance. I guess this will now be my next project.

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As JoeP noted, you should have a choice if upgrading the entire Office. I chose to go with 2010 and that is all that is now installed. Be prepared, there are a lot of differences between 03 and 10. Microsoft has some very good videos and crosswalks on their site to help with the transition.

Phil