Lounger
    Thanks
    I am an "Owner" of two Google Groups. They both are for email distribution among a group of people. I received a message from Google that says they are going to stop supporting "customized welcome message, pages or files." It goes on to say "We made this decision so that we can focus on improving the core functionalities of Google Groups -- mailing lists and forum discussions." The message encourages me to use sites such as such as Google Docs and Google Sites. I do nothing with "pages or files." Since the only welcome message I use is to instruct new members, I am not sure if I am affected. Google has some great products but I have not had a lot of success getting help for the free stuff so I decided to try here. Anybody able o explain to me?

Thanks
    This is probably a bit late, but I've discovered that Google still allows the Welcome Message. It just looks different in the new format.

The other major change to Groups was eliminating Files and Pages. Files just allowed you to upload -- files. They could be PDF, Excel, Docs, or images from JPG, GIF, TIFF or PNG files. Or even Open Office files. Groups I own have used Files to post Draft documents, Flyers for Events, Pictures, Speadsheets and even Membership Application forms.

Pages have been used to post special group guidelines or anything that I wanted to be permanently available to all members of the group.

Now there are Google Sites to replace Pages and Google Docs to replace Files. All you need for either is a Google Account. The really neat thing is that you can give all members of a group access to a Site or Doc by simply "Sharing" the Site or Doc with the group. I've been using Groups, Files, Pages, Sites and Docs extensively.

The Help link in the upper right corner of all Google Products usually answers my questions and if not I go to the Google Group for the specific product. I'll be glad to help you any way that I can.

Pat