2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have saved a message as a template (.oft) but cannot find which command to use to access this template now.

There is no New option on the file menu - does this mean that the implementation of Outlook is incomplete, or has Microsoft moved the command to open a new message based on a template?

It's probably really obvious, but I can't find it!

Thanks and regards

Alison C

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alifrog View Post
    I have saved a message as a template (.oft) but cannot find which command to use to access this template now.
    In Outlook 97-2007, templates were accessed through the Choose Form dialog (File > New > Choose Form..., or Tools > Forms > Choose Form...). Can you find that on the ribbon somewhere? Change the Look In dropdown to "User Templates in File System".

But... depending on how many templates you want to use and how often, you might prefer a macro solution. Check out this recent thread: [topic=778257]How do I add a template to Outlook 2010's QAT?[/topic]

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks - that did the trick!

It was in Home > New Items > More Items... > Choose Form > User Templates in File System

I had seen the postings re adding templates to the QAT, and would have been fine doing that, but the person I was helping didn't want to get involved with Macros, so we were just looking for a way to use the standard interface. Talk about buried deep, but thanks to you we fnally got there!

Cheers

Alison C