3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Continuing with my effort to create a usable powerpoint scheme, I have created a .potm file which contains my corporate fonts, images, colors, etc. as well as a macro to remove unwanted direct formatting by end users and apply the corporate fonts instead.

I would now like to make this the default template - like the Word normal.dot which I have also set up with fonts etc.

How do I get PP to do this? And can I get all the people in my organisation to use it? Like having a shared folder on a network drive which all PPs look to for the default template?

Many thanks in advance
    Frank

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Name the template blank.potx, place it in the C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates folder

If you want to change the location of the templates folder - this is controlled via Word.
    In Word Options, Advanced, General. Choose the File Locations button. Remap the User Templates file location to the network location.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Catherine, that worked perfectly.

I did use the filename blank.potm instead of .potx assuming I needed that for the macros to work. Now the fully-themed template, with macros, opens by default just like I want it to!

Frank