3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Continuing with my effort to create a usable powerpoint scheme, I have created a .potm file which contains my corporate fonts, images, colors, etc. as well as a macro to remove unwanted direct formatting by end users and apply the corporate fonts instead.

I would now like to make this the default template - like the Word normal.dot which I have also set up with fonts etc.

How do I get PP to do this? And can I get all the people in my organisation to use it? Like having a shared folder on a network drive which all PPs look to for the default template?

Many thanks in advance
    Frank

Thanks
    Name the template blank.potx, place it in the C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates folder

If you want to change the location of the templates folder - this is controlled via Word.
    In Word Options, Advanced, General. Choose the File Locations button. Remap the User Templates file location to the network location.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Catherine, that worked perfectly.

I did use the filename blank.potm instead of .potx assuming I needed that for the macros to work. Now the fully-themed template, with macros, opens by default just like I want it to!

Frank