2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What would cause random oriental characters to appear in Excel, Word, Internet Explorer?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you enabled Oriental characters anywhere in your computer? If you're not sure, check out language choices wherever you can find them...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No, the only installed character set is English. I'm told (as this is a problem that a friend of mine is having) that the only way to clear the problem is to re-boot.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    No, the only installed character set is English. I'm told (as this is a problem that a friend of mine is having) that the only way to clear the problem is to re-boot.
    Zeno,
    Hello..I had a strange occurrence similar to yours.. On my C: drive there was a folder that i did not recognize ...(don't remember now) but when i opened it it was in some kind of oriental looking characters .... Not knowing how or why it was there i just deleted it ....It's not been back ... My guess that it was some kind of installer from something that i downloaded. Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)