4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I am seriously thinking about deleting Office 2010 from my computer and installing Office 2007. With 2010, I must first open Word if I want to copy something from the internet. If Word is closed, then
    Ctrl C and COPY from the drop-down menu do not work. If I do go to Office 2007, will I be able to use documents created in Word 2010?

Thank you.

Moon

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The problem you described is not typical of Word 2010 so you have another factor at play here which may well occur in Word 2007 as well if you don't work out the root cause. Have you tried Jefferson's suggestion in your other thread for this problem? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...010370109.aspx

FWIW, there is no difference in file format so Word 2010 files can be opened in Word 2007 with no dramas expected.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That is not normal behaviour for W2010. Opening any Office app should not erase the clipboard: there has been no change in the way it works. It suggests that you have some third party utility that is incompatible with W2010. Try copying something, opening Word in Safe Mode and then pasting. See if that works.

To open Word in Safe Mode, hold down the Control key when launching Word.

Reverting back to Word 2007 may be a complete waste of time if whatever is causing the problem is incompatible with all versions of Word.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Andrew and Terry for your responses, which contained information that was quite new to me. You both were correct that the problem was not Office 2010. A Microsoft engineer discovered the source of the problem: My down-loaded copy of Office 2010 was a Click-to-Run copy. With the removal of the Click-to-Run copy and installation of a regular copy, the problem disappeared.

Again, thank you.

Moon