New Lounger
    I have about 5 secured databases using a specially created workgroup file that is joined with the workgroup administrator. In 2000, login prompts show up whether they are actually secure or not due to being joined by the workgroup administrator. These files are in Access 2000. I am attempting to change to Access 2007. Any file I open in 2007 that was not secured opens fine and all info is available. All the secured databases give me the following error message " You do not have the necessary permissions to use "File Name". Have you system administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permissions for you."

I have tried changing some settings on security while opening the files in 2000. This does allow me to open in 2007 but is causing other issues. Please advise of the correct work around in this situation.

Super Moderator
    Mt Macedon, Victoria, Australia
    I never join workgroups.

Instead I open secured databases using a shortcut that points to the relevant workgroup info file.

The structure of the shortcut is:

path to Access executable path to database /WRKGRP path to workgroup file

You can optionally add /user and / pwd switches as well.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office2010\Office14\MSACCESS.EXE" "D:\john\Access\Sample\SampleFrontEnd.mdb" /WRKGRP "D:\john\Access\Sample\sample.mdw" /user Enter User name