4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How do I make it so when a user goes to the Tasks area it defaults to the Tasks list like how it did in previous version of Outlook and not to the To-Do List ? In the alternative, is there a way to completely remove the To-Do List option?
    Daisy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    What happens when you change the current view while in Tasks? That survives in the Outlook session & restarting Outlook on a PC here.

Joe
    Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When you click on Tasks in the left navigation pane it takes you to the To-Do List instead of Tasks as the default. Once there if I click on Tasks in the navigation pane it will hold that as I go back and forth between different parts of Outlook. But when I close and reopen Outlook and go back to Tasks area it again defaults to the To-Do List instead of the Tasks list. I've tried moving Tasks above To-Do List in the My Tasks area but that made no difference. When I right click on To-Do List there's not an option to hide or remove. Move, Copy, Delete and Rename are grayed out.
    Daisy

Administrator
    Thanks
    I see the behavior you are talking about if I click on Tasks. However, if instead of clicking on Tasks I set the current view to what I want it survives a restart of Outlook.

Joe
    Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    But if I do that I'm only changing the view for the To-Do List and not actually changing it to the Tasks list. For example, the Simple List view isn't the same for To-Do List and Tasks and the To-Do List includes every flag reminder whether it's in the Inbox, Tasks, mail subfolder, etc. The user only wants to see Tasks and to do that they have to click on Tasks on the left but it won't stick.
    Daisy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Why not create a custom view filtering the data the way you wish. Then set that to be the current view.

Joe
    Joe