Lounger
    Thanks
    Just built a new machine. Have been reinstalling all my favorite apps. After two days I just realized that not every install is represented in the Start>Programs list. Nearly half of my installed apps do not appear.

There is of course the standard start>programs location at: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    As well as your own user location at: C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Sta rt Menu\Programs

But neither location lists all the apps I've installed over the past two days. I have maybe 10 apps listed and Control Panel/Programs shows 52 apps. I realize that not all apps create start menu shortcuts (been a system builder for 20 years).

I think I've seen them but now today they seem to have disappeared.

Anyone seen this?

Lounger
    Thanks
    As a test I uninstalled a few apps (Chrome, Logmein, Firefox) and reinstalled. They now appear in my Start menu. Where did they disappear overnight? I certainly did not manually remove them.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there an EASY way to get them back on the start menu besides uninstall/reinstall or to manually create new folders/shortcuts?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    Tim,

In Win 7 an easy way to get your apps on the start menu is to type their name in the Search Box then right-click on program in the results list and select Pin to Start Menu.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, that does pin them to the start menu but I'm looking to get them back where they belong on the Start>Programs menu. I guess I should have been more clear in earlier entries.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Marsh View Post
    There is of course the standard start>programs location at: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

But neither location lists all the apps I've installed over the past two days. I have maybe 10 apps listed and Control Panel/Programs shows 52 apps. I realize that not all apps create start menu shortcuts (been a system builder for 20 years).

Anyone seen this?
    Tim,
    Hello..... I had a problem with getting some programs to stick ...(survive re-boot ) turned out that i had to temporarily disable my security (Norton Internet Security 2011) and then install them.... Then they " stuck" Could be you have a similar problem. Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)