3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

Is there a way to disable the feature that ask you to click on the "enable editing" on a word document that is open via email? Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    Is there a way to disable the feature that ask you to click on the "enable editing" on a word document that is open via email?
    I wonder whether this is a new feature of Word's "Reading View"?? To open Word in a more typical view, try turning off Reading Layout at or near the following:

Office Button > Word Options > "Popular" > Open email attachments in Full Screen Reading view

Does that have any effect?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How do I get to the office button? I open word 2010 and don't see "popular" as an option. Any help would be great.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    It looks like this behavior can be changed in the Word Options > Trust Center > Protected view. But File Block settings or Privacy Options might also have an effect. Be careful what you change.

Pam
    Pam Caswell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The email full screen reading option in Word 2010 is in File>Options>General (down the bottom)
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    LOL - the office button is the big circular button top left of the screen, and contains most of the contents of the old 2003 File Menu plus most of that version's Tools > Options features and a few other bits. In it, choose 'Word Options' at the bottom then follow the rest of the suggestions from there.
    Beryl M

Lounger
    Thanks
    Great thread, thanks. I have Windows 7, running Office 2010, and had turned the reading view off in both Excel and Word. However, Outlook ignored my settings (File | Options | General | ...untick "Open email attachments in Full Screen Reading view") and continued to diligently protect my attachments.

The other reply in this post gave me my answer: AS WELL AS the setting mentioned above, ALSO go to Word/Excel Options | Trust Center | Trust Centre Settings Button | Protected View | ...and untick everything. Then Outlook finally gets the message.

Hope that works for everyone else looking for releif from yet another annoying MS straitjacket!