New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using Excel 2010 and am encountering a strange issue. I created a Progress Report workbook for our organization. The workbook contains four worksheets, one for each quarter of the reporting year. The workbook contains several text boxes and is more than 150 rows in size. When I created the workbook, most rows were less than 30 points or roughly 41 pixels in size and the text boxes varied in size from 1" to 5" or 6".

I keep copies of the workbook ( and the subsequent reports generated by our operating sites) on my PC and my laptop. I receive the reports through Outlook on my PC and then copy them as backup to my laptop. The reports display correctly on my laptop, however, on my PC they do not. When I open a report file on my PC the first 38 rows or so display correctly. Row 38 clocks in at 15.75, row 39 is the same size but there instead of saying 39 the area to the left is blank. Row 40 and subsequent rows, however, are suddenly 409.5 rather than the original size and text boxes are now suddely sized in excess of 200". Again, as I said, the file displays correctly on my laptop. I only notice this anomaly on my PC.

I'm using 2010 Office Prossional Suite on both systems. I've tried repairing both the files and the program on my PC, but to no avail. I thought perhaps an Add-In might be the culprite since I have them on my PC but not on my Laptop. I turned all Add-Ins off and the problem persists.

Even though I'm using Excel 2010, I save the files in 97-2003 xls format for purposes of compatibility with our sites.

Both computers use Windows 7 64 bit (Pro on my PC and Home Edition on my laptop).

I'm stymied at this point as to what is different with my PC that is causing the problem. Any suggestions would be helpful. I've included a copy of the report if that would help. [attachment=90540:Progress Report Format Year 3.xls]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    @Christopher Johnson: For what it's worth:

1. Your attachment opens in my laptop (Dell Latitude), using WIndows XP SP3 and Excel 2003, as you wanted/designed it to.
    2. In the absence of any other ideas, I was tempted to offer the stupid possibility that differences in screen resolution may be the cause of your problem?? (But then again: Why would it be selective and only affect certain regions/objects in the worksheets?)

3. Is it possible that you have some conditional formatting set in Excel in your desktop version of Excel that is over-riding the workbook settings when opened?

EDIT: I have just also tried your attachment on my work Desktop PC: It opens fine (also using Windows XP SP3 and Excel 2003). I hope to try it on my home PC (see specs below) later today.
    (My Setup: Custom built: 3,70GHz Intel Core i7-4820K CPU; MSI Military Class iii X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard; Win 10 Pro (64 bit) - (UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; GeForceGTX 980 4GB Graphics Card; Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2015 Premium, NIS 2016, VMWare Workstation12 Pro, etc). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Thanks
    Do you have different printer drivers installed on the two machines?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I can't think of any conditional formatting in the desktop version of Excel, but I'll check it out. I do have different printer drivers on my PC and now wonder if perhaps the Nitro PDF printer driver might be causing the problem. SInce I originally created the workbook on my PC and it worked fine until recently, it seems that something I've added or done is causing the problem and the Nitro PDF was only added to my system within the past few months.