New Lounger
    Devon, PA 19333
    I only use Windows Outlook for the Calendar, and of course all of my appointments birthdays, etc are on it. Recently I tried to get on Outlook and found the following: Outlook flashed on and immediately turned off. I tried repairing it and had no success. I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the same thing happened. I'm sure it must have something to do with the fact that I have Office Home and Student 2007 installed ( it doesn't include Outlook) and I imagine that Microsoft has sent an update that has corrupted Outlook. Anybody have any idea as to how I can rescue my calendar in Outlook?

Silicon Valley, USA
    To see whether Outlook can start up separate and apart from your existing data, you could use the Mail control panel to create a new profile. This new profile will have a blank data file, but if it starts up correctly, you then could use File > Open > Outlook Data File to access your existing .pst file and copy your calendar items to the new blank file.

If Outlook still doesn't run, is there an entry for it in Add/Remove Programs? You might be able to repair the installation there. You may need an install disk.

If Outlook runs but you can't open your existing .pst file in Outlook even as a secondary file, it may have suffered from some corruption. If you search this forum for SCANPST.EXE or Inbox Repair Tool, you can find additional information on using that utility to repair your .pst file.

Finally, I don't think System Restore will roll back Office updates, but if all else fails, you could try it.