New Lounger
    Thanks
    After bootup, my high-speed USB devices are all connected to "Enhanced" Host Controllers and appear to work correctly at USB 2.0 data rates. When my computer goes into "Sleep" mode and I awaken it, I get the messages that "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi speed USB 2.0 port." When look at the status of my USB Host Controllers, I find that my high-speed USB devices are now listed under "Universal" Host Controllers (rather than "Enhanced"), and, I assume, they are now operating at USB 1.0 data rates. When I reboot, everything changes back to normal: the high-speed USB devices are listed under the "Enhanced" host controller. But every time my computer goes back into Sleep mode and I "awaken" it, my high-speed USB devices are back under "Universal" Host Controllers. Can anyone explain why my USB devices change from "Enhanced" (USB 2.0) to "Universal"(USB 1.0) host controllers after Sleep and, more importantly, how to keep this from happening? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi Beach, and welcome to the Lounge!

What operating system and service packs do you have installed, and what are the specs of your PC? Are all your USB devices affected, or only specific ones such as external hard drives, and USB Flash Drives?

Has this behavior started recently, and if so, what changes have been made to your system (software and/or hardware) before the behavior began?

Check for any posted errors in Event Viewer Windows Logs - Application Log and System Log.

Have you tried using a self powered USB hub to see if Your devices behave better on wake up? Your on board USB ports may not be getting enough initial power when your computer comes out of sleep.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill