Star Lounger
    Thanks
    i recently purchased an HP computer with windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I downloaded Foxit reader and it doesnt seem to open to document to be read. Does Foxit reader work in a 64 bit environment. I dont want to really use Adobe if I can help it as it takes up a large amount of space in the "C" drive.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I used to use Foxit in XP and I think you have to set it to be your default reader.
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Thanks
    Hi schonman,

If you cannot see the .pdf document within your browser, but get a blank screen instead, start Foxit, go to Tools > Preferences > Internet and place a check in the Display PDF in Browser box. When I downloaded and installed Foxit 4.2, it did not by default have that box checked and I could not view PDFs in my browser.

If you cannot view any PDFs outside of your browser, then your installation might be corrupted. I would then uninstall it with Revo Uninstaller Free, and reinstall Foxit after rebooting.

Although Revo free does not show as fully 64 bit compatible, it will safely uninstall 32 bit software, which is what most software is at this time.

Most 32 bit software is 64 bit compatible (except for drivers, antivirus/antimalware and firewall software) and Foxit is 64 bit compatible. I have used it on Win7 x64 for over a year now and no problems except the one described above.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    I had problems with Fox It as well. I switched to PDF-XChange Viewer. This is a very robust and versatile viewer that seems much more full featured than Fox It and since Fox It did not seem to work properly, good-bye and hello PD-XChange Viewer.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    thank you all for your replies

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use FoxIt on 64-bit Win7 with no problems. However, I have recently come across several PDF files that neither FoxIt nor Nitro PDF Reader can read, but Adobe Acrobat handles them just fine.

Thanks
    One of the main reasons I stopped using Foxit is because it's not compatible with a lot of sites.
    I use the USPS site to print labels and Foxit wouldn't work there so I un-installed it and went back to Adobe.
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Personally, I use and love Foxit. I have it installed on 2 64 Bit Win 7 machines, 1 ea Win 7 & Win XP Pro machines w/o a problem. I've installed the Foxit PDF-IFilter 64-Bit on those machines and love being able to search inside PDFs. YMMV
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs